Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Gorge-cation Tree Hugger

"Semele knew that she was a tree."

In thinking of mythological tales and stories, I traveled to George, Washington to spend a lovely weekend at a music festival with the Dave Matthews Band as the headliner.  For fans of DMB, the Gorge Amphitheater is considered to be the mecca of all venues and a pilgrimage of sorts for their fans.  So I decided to climb aboard the band wagon and see if all the tales of the Gorge being "heavens amphitheater" was true.  As can be seen my pic, the Gorge Amphitheater is indeed an epic venue and an experience everyone who appreciates music should taste.

And who is the God of Music in mythology?  It depends whether you look at Greek, Roman, Indian, or even Egyptian mythology.  For now, I'm content to have enjoyed an epic weekend listening to some absolutely great music.

No comments:

Post a Comment